Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Different Views......



There are books that you can identify with a certain character more than others. I identified with Rebecca in Sir Walter Scott's Ivanhoe. I don't want to review my thoughts on this book or remember that I ever read it. One of the main reasons for this blog is this book.

I was emailing with a friend about this book and took a different position than he did. Somehow I pissed him off about the actions of the characters, he never emailed me again. Petty, you think? Not if you had read our emails or knew our backgrounds. After that I kept my opinions about books to myself. Stupid, you think? Yes, I love books and I will always want to talk about the stories I read. I therefore decided to create this blog about books with my opinions voiced loud and clear. I want to be able to rant or rave without fear of losing a friendship but will not be muted by one bad episode. Books are personal relationship experienced differently by each reader.

Ivanhoe - decide for yourself. It holds no good memories for me but they are all unrelated to the story.

No comments: