Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I want to be Mrs. Rochester!



Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre had me all up in arms! Boy could she and her sister spin a tale! I loved Jane Eyre the characters jumped off the page for me!

If you have no desire to ever read this book I dare you to read just the first portion of Jane's little life and I promise you'll finish it. The level of dispair and hatred in the little Jane hooked me like no other book. The cruelity of Mrs. Reed is unbelievable and you find yourself automatically wanting to jump inside the book to protect Jane.

After fortune finds it's way to her, in the form of the local apothecary who confides in Jane and convinces her step mother to send her to school. Off Jane went to a bording school for ophans there she saw more hardship but she takes it in stride.

After her schooling and a few years teaching at the school that had been her escape from the evils of her childhood. Jane takes a governess job at Mr. Rochester's estate teaching his wild Parisian illegitamate daughter. There the story of love and friendship builds but what comes on the day of their marriage will shock and amaze you!

Once again dispair and agony grip Jane that separate her and Mr. Rochester..........as this is my blog to remember and relish a good book I refuse to reveal the plot and/or ending.

Read the book!

No comments: